Moon Light Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moon Light Killers

The Wolf Clan of Doom

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The MLK forums have moved to http://moonlightkiller.forumotion.net/! Please update your bookmarks.

Practice Times - Week #2

Go down 
4 posters

What do we need to practice with more?
A.) Offensive Tactics
Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_lcap17%Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
B.) Defensive Tactics
Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_lcap17%Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
C.) Offensive and Defensive Strategies
Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_lcap66%Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_rcap
 66% [ 4 ]
D.) None... [Please support about why you chose this.]
Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_lcap0%Practice Times - Week #2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Fluttershy

Practice Times - Week #2 Empty
PostSubject: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Starting as of right now (Thursday, June 16, 9:25:38 P.M. EST), this is our schedule... please follow it as best as you can.

I'm using a different layout for this week's practice times, so please notify me via PM or by simply posting a reply if some of these times are getting in the way of other plans.

Week #2's Schedule:

Code:

Friday, June 17 @ 4:15:00 P.M. EDT [Offensive & Defensive]
Saturday, June 18 @ 4:00:00 P.M. EDT [Defensive]
Sunday, June 19 @ 6:30:00 P.M. EDT [Offensive]
Monday, June 20 @ 12:30:00 P.M. EDT [Offensive & Defensive]
Tuesday, June 21 @ 2:45:00 P.M. EDT [Offensive]
Wednesday, June 22 @ 5:00:00 P.M. EDT [Defensive]

This schedule is going to be VERY strict, and I expect everyone to follow it. Please, if any of these times interrupts with your daily aspects, please notify me ASAP.

Last edited by Fluttershy on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://one-o-four.deviantart.com
VoidDragon
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
VoidDragon

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Should get both, except mostly defensive.

This is how it should work:

a group of three goes against just one defender in the most played maps, and the defender is changed every time the group of three scores.
Back to top Go down
Qent
Admin
Qent

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Friday may or may not work for me, depending on how long Euro FNF goes (it starts at 2 PM EDT and goes as long as it goes). In fact, I encourage all members to attend FNF, although this is not a requirement.

And to clarify, I'm assuming these times are EDT not EST.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:28 pm

VoidDragon wrote:
Should get both, except mostly defensive.

This is how it should work:

a group of three goes against just one defender in the most played maps, and the defender is changed every time the group of three scores.

You bring up an interesting point here. We may try this out on the days we practice both Offensive & Defensive strategies.

Qent wrote:
Friday may or may not work for me, depending on how long Euro FNF goes (it starts at 2 PM EDT and goes as long as it goes). In fact, I encourage all members to attend FNF, although this is not a requirement.

God damn you, FNFs... Neutral

Qent wrote:
And to clarify, I'm assuming these times are EDT not EST.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Defense and offense all need work.

Our offensive is the worst. If there are two on o the one who gets the flag should be running and the teammate who doesn't have the flag should be running behind them shooting the people who are trying to get the flag. (to practice this i say two o's against 3 d's)

Defensive is almost there we just need to work out good spots for d and what a player positioned as d needs to do. (2 o against 1 d should do it)
Defense also needs to protect the flag holder when he/she/shim enters the base. And there is also the choice of leaving the base to retrieve the flag. This is tricky, if you leave the base as d the flag holder could be outnumbered or when you leave to get the flag back more opponents could crowd around the flag,; which means they score you die and they take the flag for another score.

We should also look into tricks for o.

If you are in need of health and in you base while you teammates are trying to retrieve the flag killing yourself with a rocket in a hiding spot and retrieving it later is a good trick.

And there is a neutral positioned skill we need to work on. That is if the flag holder dies we all have to work as a team and get it back before the other team does. This means running near the flag holder while protecting them, running strait for the flag, and killing all the opponents that go near it.

I think that about does it.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 pm

We'll see how this works out tomorrow. I may host the server, with NO MLKCTF maps, since most of our scrims take place on IDL maps.
Back to top Go down
Qent
Admin
Qent

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:11 am

I recommend using the MLK practice server, since its connection is probably more reliable than a home server.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Practice for today will be cancelled. I'm out of town for Father's Day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Times - Week #2   Practice Times - Week #2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice Times - Week #2
Page 1 of 1