Moon Light Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moon Light Killers

The Wolf Clan of Doom

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The MLK forums have moved to http://moonlightkiller.forumotion.net/! Please update your bookmarks.

MLK CTF Season I - Rules and Regulations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black Luster

Black Luster

MLK CTF Season I - Rules and Regulations Empty
PostSubject: MLK CTF Season I - Rules and Regulations   MLK CTF Season I - Rules and Regulations EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:55 am

Welcome everyone to MLK's first ever CTF tournament for MLK members and non-members. I'd like to take a few to explain the rules for this newly risen tournament.

The MLKCTF League will derive its basics and rules from both SICL and IDL, who have, in my personal opinion, done an excellent job at explaining and enforcing to their very best in their seasons of competition. Most rules and penalties will derive from SICL and IDL.

Team Captains - All team captains will be handpicked by me, so we can at least provide a balanced environment for all of the players who wish to participate in this event. We don't want a 3-man lineup of ST's greatest CTF players ripping on 3 new and eager CTF players for ST. It just wouldn't be fair game to everyone. Once these team captains are properly picked, we will allow these Team Captains to pick their desired players from the Non-Captains pool of people who have signed up to play.

NOTE – In future competitions I will randomly pick people to run as Team Captains.

Non-Captains – All Non-Captain players are put into a pool in which the Team Captains will be allowed to pick from. All Non-Captain players are to join the group that they have been drafted for. Non-Captain players are NOT allowed to deny the group that selected them to play for. Failure to recognize this will result in a ban from the next CTF event that will happen within MLK.

Drafting – The drafting process of the MLKCTF league is determined by the number a Team Captain picks, from 1-6, in which afterwards a dice will be rolled in order to determine who will go first to pick, who will then have the second pick, and so on. Once the last person picks out from the Non-Captain pool, the pick will return to the first Team Captain that has picked.

Example –

: Captain A picks the number 3.
: Captain B picks the number 5.
: Captain C picks the number 1.
: Captain D picks the number 6.
: Captain E picks the number 4.
: Captain F picks the number 2.

The dice is rolled X amount of times, in which the numbers 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, and 6 were rolled in that order.

Captain C will have the first pick, and Captain A will follow as the second to pick, and so forth.

After Drafting – Once all Non-Captain players have been picked from the pool, a thread will be made for all Team Captains and their players to see. This thread will have the list of teams, followed by the Team Captain, and then their members.

Ranking - All teams will start with 0|0|0, meaning that all teams shall have 0 Wins, 0 Losses, and 0 Ties to start with. In the case of a tie (Sudden Death), teams will be granted 5 additional minutes to play if they end up tying 15 minutes into their game. If after 5 minutes neither team has scored, they will be marked down as a tie. In future MLKCTF events, all teams will have their own personal archive of their wins, losses, and ties, as well as screenshots and demos (Optional.) to use for their reference.

Rounds – After the drafting process, all teams have the option of resting and planning for the week ahead, in which round I will begin after that week (If teams wish to play immediately after the drafting process, they are welcome to. It’s a majority rules option.). Teams will be randomly placed against another team by me, who will then issue the round along with Map information and the team’s status. Rounds shall be handpicked maps by me, in which the teams will eventually fight against each other with their opponent.

Aftermath – After the round against Team X and Team Y, both teams NEED to provide me with a screenshot of their game (Demos are optional, but it’s encouraged if they could be provided.). There is no penalty in the case that a certain team does not provide their screenshots (Yet.), but they are allowed to make up for it with a demo recording.

Mid-Season Drafting/Trading – After Round II, Team Captains are allowed to pick from a Mid-Season Draft pool, in the case that more people join the MLKCTF games. In the case that there is a Mid-Season Draft pool, Team Captains have the option to either pick a certain free agent from the pool, or they can keep the team members that they currently have in their team (A.K.A. “I’ll pass on this Mid-Season Draft.”). HOWEVER, those that are picked to join a certain team have the RIGHT to deny from the drafting Team Captain. Once the teams either pick or pass, the Mid-Season Draft pool will be closed with any unpicked or traded members, and they will unfortunately have to wait until the next MLKCTF event that will be hosted.

Last edited by Black Luster on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to give a better explanation on the Rules and Regulations section.)
Back to top Go down

MLK CTF Season I - Rules and Regulations
Page 1 of 1